Motherboards are the heart and the soul of a computer system. The motherboard is the main printed circuit board or in short, PCB of a computing device. It is one of the main components and it helps in the communication of different peripherals of a computer. It also houses other components like RAM, Graphics card, and other PCIe cables. It does all the computational work. It is like an ideal mother, keeps track of all the other peripherals, and houses them all. And that’s why it is called a “mother” board.
Well, You obviously know who important motherboards are. Choosing the right motherboard could be a tough and time-consuming job. If you don’t do your homework well in choosing the right motherboard for you, you might end up buying a motherboard which is not suitable for your work profile. We have curated a list of Best DDR3 Motherboards which will help you and guide you what’s better for you and what’s not. So let’s just dive onto our list.
We have chosen the Best 5 DDR3 Motherboards for you. We have done proper research and created a list where you can defiantly pick a motherboard that is suitable for you.
Best DDR3 Motherboard
|Energy Saving Motherboard||ASUS M5A78L-M DDR3 Motherboard||Check Today's Amazon Deal|
|Editor's Choice||ASRock Micro ATX DDR3 Motherboard||Check Today's Amazon Deal|
|Intelligent Overclocking||ASUS DDR3 1600 AM3+ Motherboard||Check Today's Amazon Deal|
|Most Durable||MSI AMD FM2+ A68H DDR3 Motherboard||Check Today's Amazon Deal|
|User Friendly BIOS||GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ DDR3 Motherboard||Check Today's Amazon Deal|
1. ASUS M5A78L-M DDR3 Motherboard
Asus in on our list, Asus M5A78L-M DDR3 based Motherboard. Asus, A Taiwanese manufacture aces the art of manufacturing motherboard and other computer peripherals. The M5A78L-M DDR3 based Motherboard supports USB 3 and HDMI DVI 3.0. The motherboard also comes with AM3+ CPU Support Ready.
It is widely used as an overclocking motherboard as it comes with Core Unlocker, Which basically is an intelligent Core Unlocker created with AI. It is used to unlock the true performance. So if you’re looking for an overclocking DDR3 Motherboard, It is perfect for you. There are some other advantages as well. Let us just take a look at them.
- It comes with an anti-surge power guardian system. Which guards the system, And does make the system risk free.
- It also comes with the Asus EPU Energy saving system.
- Outfitted with USB 3 ports and superior audio features
- It has a Low EMI technology, Which protects you from harmful electromagnetic exposure and reduces the risks by 50%
- It has an 8 channel high definition audio, Which will provide you with the best in class audio performance.
Moving Ahead, Next on our list is
2. ASRock Micro ATX DDR3 Motherboard (Editor’s Choice)
ASRock Inc. is a Taiwanese manufacturer of motherboards, RAMs, Graphics cards, and whatnot.
ASRock is very famous and popular amongst Gamers. The reason behind this fan base amongst the gaming community is their extraordinary quality at such an appealing price. ASRock’s Micro ATX DDR Motherboard is not an exception.
ASRock Micro ATX has North Bridge AMD 970 & South Bridge AMD SB950 chipset. Micro ATX DDR3 Motherboards also features some other traits as well.
- It comes with a support of AM3+ processor sockets.
- It supports 8- core CPU
- It also supports CPU up-to 125 W
- The Memory support is 2x DDR3-1800(OC)/1600(OC)/1333/1066 DIMM Slots
- It also supports AMD overdrive Advance Clock Calibration
All in all, It is a great motherboard in terms of price and the features it provides. One of the main highlighting features is the Advanced Clock Calibration. Especially, From a gamer’s point of view, If a gamer wants to unlock the true potential of the motherboard, This can be used to efficiently use the true potential of the motherboard. Hence It is one of the Best DDR3 Motherboard and it is also one of the most recommended.
3. ASUS DDR3 1600 AM3+ Motherboard
ASUS is again in third place. Asus 1600 AM3+ Motherboard. The Model Number is M5A78L-M LX3. The Motherboard features AMD 760G/SB710 chipset. The motherboard also supports AMD’s AM3+ FX/Phenom II/Athlon II/Sempron 100 Series Processors. Some extra features to point to are
- The 32 Nm AM3+ CPU has 8 cores with a DDR3 Dual Channel up-to 1866 Mhz.
- The Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3000 GPU Supports DirectX 10 and Hybrid CrossFireX for extraordinary performance in the Field of Graphics.
- Users can unlock the true potential of the motherboard with Its Intelligent True Core Performance
- It also comes with the system level energy saving and real-time power management that will eventually increase the power efficiency
4. MSI AMD FM2+ A68H DDR3 Motherboard
MSI is a leading brand when it comes to manufacturing computer and technology-related stuff. Micro-Star International or as it is called, MSI is a Taiwanese multinational company. MSI A68H DDR3 Motherboard is built on the military class 4 Component.
- It is made from super-permeable material. Due to this, it runs on a 35 degree Celsius lower temperature.
- The lower temperature allows for efficient performance with high overclocking power stability.
- Solid cap built: The aluminum core design and the Japanese technology used to designed the high-quality motherboard.
- All the physical aspects are then combined with the Friendly click BIOS which helps the user for easy tweaking.
- The socket is FM2+ which allows AMD A-series support
- It has the fast boot loading time
- 1 HDMI and 1 VGA port
5. GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ DDR3 Motherboard
GIGABYTE is the next up on the list. It’s GA-970A DDR3 Motherboard. In terms of CPU It supports AM3+ FX in terms of Chipset it has North Bridge: AMD 970, South Bridge: AMD SB950
- Memory: 4x 1.5v DDR3 DIMM sockets.
- It comes with dual-level memory architecture
- In the audio department, It has a Realtek ALC899 codec. It is a quality standard when it comes to Realtek
- It has 1 PCIe with 16 slot
- From a storage point of view, it has 6x SATA 6GB.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nope, It is not the Case, DDR4 is very limited and expensive. As it is very limited and is not here yet, The gaming performance is not that great in comparison to DDR3
DDR Stands For Double Data Rate. And 3 Stands for its third generation. This means DDR3 Motherboard will have more memory per slot and the memory expansion limit will be 8 GB or 16 GB.
No, DDR3 is not compatible with DDR2 Ram
The Final Verdict
DDR3 motherboards are safest and easily available. They are better in terms of gaming and efficient performance. The list we curated featured are not only premium quality DDR3 motherboards but they are most recommended as well. Though it is a question of personal preference from the list of Best DDR3 Motherboard, our recommendation will be the ASRock Micro ATX DDR3 Motherboard. It is efficient in terms of performance and user experience. It is very affordable and it is worth every single penny. Now you have, choose your motherboard and tell us in the comment section which one is the Best DDR3 Motherboard in your point of view.